You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I'm in immediate need of a Linux/Database Admin Expert to review/optimize my Godaddy Linux Dedicated Server and MYSQL databases.
The problem that I am experiencing is that Plesk shows my server load many times hovers around 8.0 to 9.0. At times it goes up as far as 62.0. This occurs even immediately after a reboot.
During these times my websites crawl, and my busy website (6000-8000 uniques/day) really crawls. Many times that website will error out with the message "too many connections". I assume that is a MYSQL database error, but I'm not sure. Even the Plesk Admin console will error out with the message:
Unable to connect to database: Too many connections
psaerror(string 'Unable to connect to database: Too many connections')
My busy website is a Wordpress Video Blog where people can come and view streaming videos. The videos are all embedded from other websites (ie; youtube) so my server is not serving up the videos itself. Wordpress runs on MYSQL.
I don't know how many concurrent users I have on that website or on the entire server.
Specifically what I am looking for is an expert to:
1. Get into the server (ssh?) during these high load times (pretty much all the time) and see what is going on (memory problems, swapping, cpu, concurrent users, etc).
2. Determine what the server problem is (lack of memory, underpowered cpu, mysql optimization, etc). Also explain/show how you reached your conclusions.
3. Show me how to find out how many concurrent users I have.
4. Optimize the MYSQL database in the busy website. By this I mean configure it to best handle the amount of visitors that I get. I'm trying to get rid of those "too many connection" errors.
5. Optimize the overall server. I don't know enough to be more specific .. just that I want to get the server load numbers down to an acceptable level, and the server to respond quickly.
6. Let me know if I need more memory or a faster server (please be able to show me how you reached that conclusion)
I currently have 10 websites running on this server. As I mentioned prevously one gets 6000-8000 unique visitors a day. The other 9 get less than 500 visitors/day combined.
*WARNING* - MY BUSY WEBSITE IS AN ADULT PORN SITE, SO IF THIS BOTHERS YOU PLEASE DO NOT BID. I DON'T WANT TO OFFEND ANYONE.
*NOTE* - Godaddy made me upgrade the Linux Kernal about a week ago for "security" reasons. It may just be coincidence, but I noticed these problems with my server afterwards.
Please, I'm interested only in those people that have done this type of work before. This is costng me money and I need this handled yesterday. This could be a long term collaboration available for the right person. My budget is $100.
Preconfigured Server Specs:
Linux Fedora Core 7
Linux kernel 2.6
Remote Access Services:
GCC (C, C++, Objc, GCJ) 4.1.2
Database and Directory Services:
Web Servers and Components: