You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We’re seeking experienced writers with expertise in webcam/video equipment and accessories (cams, microphones, lights, backdrops, etc.) to write authoritative but nontechnical articles and equipment reviews. This work is for our website which is oriented toward helping people look better online, and features proprietary and nonproprietary webcam products. The site makes money from affiliate marketing and by selling its own proprietary and white label products. The product reviews of thewirecutter.com serve as an excellent template, albeit in different product categories.
The articles will give customers tips on how to polish their online video presence. Your reviews will assess equipment options and give highly directed customer recommendations (again, see thewirecutter.com).
Our target audience will be largely nonprofessional/semiprofessional webcam users: people using online video for dating, family connections, vlogging, business from home or in smaller office, etc. We’re seeking a knowledgeable person who can communicate technical issues in nontechnical language—“degeeking” and making information relevant to average readers.
• Scout the field for new products and developments in webcams and accessories
• Authoritatively test competitive products and select the best for our target audience
• Write engaging and nontechnical equipment/tool/product reviews/recommendations
• Research and interview as needed
• Brainstorm topics for info articles of appeal to our audience
• Write interesting info articles
• Experience writing product reviews (esp. technical) for nontechnical audiences
• Familiarity with webcam/video equipment and willingness to learn more
• Recruit and work with others to help guide recommendations
• Excellent online research skills
• Good product judgment
• Experience with ecommerce
• Organized producer, good self-manager, dependable partner
• Entrepreneurial outlook, eager to help build a business
Remote work. Paid per piece, plus 10% of the affiliate revenue generated by the work, with rough calendar agreed upon in advance. You will be a named author. Please send cover letter, resume, and links/attachments with articles/reviews in related area. Respond by no later than Feb. 1.