Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Ladies and Gentlemen,
we seek native English speakers, to translate German language economic and business articles into English.
How does it work?
- The project will start asap.
- In order to get started, I suggest to do an initial TRIAL PROJECT for the duration of 1 week (5 working days/7 days)
- During the trial project I will provide you each working day (Monday - Friday, except public and other local holidays) with 5 (five) German language business/economic articles.
- Once we have started the full project, I would like to provide you with 10 to 20 articles per working day (depending on price, speed, reliability and quality)
- Each article will average 200-300 German language words.
- IMPORTANT: The timeliness of the translation is highly important. I need to know from you, when you are available to do the work, i.e. when you can do the translation? Best, if each working day you are available at the same time in order for us to develop a rhythm method. My suggestion is, that I will provide you with the 5 articles either in the morning (e.g. at 10:00 am) or in the afternoon (e.g. at 4:00 pm) Vienna time (CEST). [CEST (Central European Summer Time, MEZ, UTC + 2 hours, i.e. Vienna, Berlin, Paris, Rome)]
- After I have provided you with the articles, you should be able to translate the articles asap, but not later than within a specified amount of time. (2 hours for 5 articles, accordingly more time for more articles)
- During the trial period you simply need to return the translated articles individually in plain text format (Word Notepad, format .txt) by email.
- Once we have started the full project, you need to make yourself familiar with our CMS. Basically speaking, you need to copy/paste the translated articles into a field and publish the articles directly. Since the CMS work involves additional but simple steps, I will pay a small additional fee to do this. I will provide you on time with login details and detailed instructions, how to use it. (Don't worry, it is fairly simple and self explanatory.)
- IMPORTANT: 1.) Please provide me with your price per English word. 2.) Also provide me with a price per article, if the CMS work takes around 3 minutes per article.
- This is a long term project and therefore we seek to establish long term relations.
- A background in Economics or Business Administration is required.
- I will pay your fee depending on the amount of English language words. We pay via PayPal (or wire transfer within the EU) every Monday (for all articles submitted in the previous week)
- The articles deal with Austrian business/economic issues. Therefore - during the course of the project - you need to familiarize yourself with certain Austrian terminology, abbreviations, institutions and companies..
- Do not apply if you are not a native English speaker.
- Do not apply if you are not an experienced translator with economic/business background.
- A Skype account for our communication would be very useful.
- All rights to the written articles are transferred to us. We will own the full copyright once we have received the articles from you.
- You may not reuse the articles in any way, therefore they are not permitted to be distributed to other people and organizations.
- All Articles must be translated and written by you in your own words without any grammatical mistakes. You may not outsource the work to other people.
- Please type this in your private message to me... "Ich werde die Übersetzungen schnell, sorgfältig und professionell erledigen!" so I know you read and understand the requirements.
- Please translate the attached sample article (Sample Article 226 German Words.txt) to prove your quality.
- Please submit your CV (including picture, age, time availability per working day (see above), amount of articles you can handle) together with the quote.
Do not hesitate to contact us for further questions.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.