Need some work done? Post a Project Today
General Description of Project
We would like to identify a qualified person who will work remotely for one week in order to translate from English to Spanish a workbook for participants of a health and wellness program that focuses on nutrition, exercise, and stress reduction. This program will be based at a community health center in the South Bronx, NY and will serve a mainly Puerto Rican population.
This project is for a time-limited period(April 11 through April 17, 2009)to translate nine chapters of a workbook that consist of a total of approximately 15,000 words. This workbook consists of mainly bulleted text and headers and is written at an eighth-grade reading level (see sample chapter attached). The translation will need to mirror this reading level and retain the simple and clear language seen in the English-language version. The translator will need to be familiar with Puerto Rican Spanish to ensure the readability of the workbook by the local population.
The person selected for this one-week project will be an independent contractor. As this is not an employer-employee relationship (but rather an independent contractor-client relationship), this project does not offer employment benefits to the person selected.
We wish to identify a person who has:
• Experience with Puerto Rican dialect and culture;
• Professional training or experience in translation;
• The ability to translate for a low-literacy audience in a non technical format; and
• The ability to work professionally under a tight deadline.
The contract will be between $250 and $750 (U.S. currency) depending on experience and specified time needed for the translation of the document. Applicants are asked to specify the amount of time needed and the proposed fee for service rendered.
Responders are asked to acknowledge the non-profit nature of our organization
Length of commitment:
This is for a time-limited project(April 10 through approximately April 17, 2009) project with CRI. The person selected for this project will translate the workbook (to be completed by April 17, 2009)
What we would like to know from you:
1. Your qualifications and experience;
2. Description of your understanding of translating public health educational materials at a eighth-grade level from English to Spanish; and
3. Description of your ability to translate to suite the linguistic background of the Puerto Rican population.