Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Slot Machine Simulator
We require a dynamic slot machine simulator for research into gambling. The simulator should have a three barrel arrangement as depicted below in the figure below. The application needs to run on the Windows operating system; XP and later releases.
See file for figure.
Key aspects of the user interface include:
1. The barrels should include 10 symbols each.
2. Pressing the enter key will cause them to spin and stop in a new configuration
3. They should stop in turn from left to right, as per a typical game of this sort.
4. A win would be indicated by the same symbols falling into the three middle positions
5. Different sets of symbols would have different payouts
6. There should be sounds associated with the spinning, the stopping of each barrel, a win, and a loss.
7. The player’s number of tokens should be displayed on screen
8. Each spin will reduce the number of tokens by a specified number
9. Each win will increase the number of tokens by a number depending on the symbols shown.
10. A configuration file that permits the setting of key parameters as specified below
Configurable parameters requirements include:
1. Starting number of tokens
2. The probability of a win on any trial
3. The cost of each spin in tokens
4. The amount won for any given winning configuration i.e. 3 cherries, 3 bells etc.
5. The minimum number of tokens. We need to be able to prevent the player from ever entirely running out of tokens. To do this in a manner that is not obvious to the player we would like to implement the following. We want to be able to set a minimum number of tokens which when reached will result in a forced number of wins. We also wish to be able to specify the minimum and maximum number of those forced wins with the actual number being randomly selected between those bounds on each occasion. For example, we might set the minimum token number to 3, the minimum forced wins to 1, and the maximum forced wins to 4. With these settings whenever the participant reached 3 tokens there would always follow between 1 and 4 ‘forced wins’, thus preventing them from ever reaching zero tokens.
6. Sounds for each of the following: Spin, Barrel stopping, Win, Loss.