You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I'm looking for information on the market for grocery deliveries, i.e. food and other essentials delivered to your home. This includes fruit and vegetable deliveries, the major supermarket delivery services, and Amazon's deliveries of non-perishable food and toiletries.
Answer to these questions are essential:
- How big is the market? In other words, how much revenue is being made by the major players in this market?
- Has the market been growing or shrinking over the last 3-5 years?
And of these questions you can answer would also be helpful:
- Who are the biggest companies in the market?
- Are the biggest companies profitable? (So in the case of the supermarkets, are their delivery services profitable. Whether their bricks and mortar retail is profitable is irrelevant).
- Is profitability rising or falling?
- What are typical margins in the industry?
- Are there any innovative fast-growing start-ups?
Ideally I am looking for global figures. However, as these are likely to be very hard to find I would be happy with US and/or UK figures.
I am looking for brief report in an email or Word document, with references. There is no need for a long document - please include all the key information in 100-300 words, with as much extra detail as you like in appendices. Please make sure references are up to date - anything more than 3 years old is not useful.
Deadline: 7am GMT Wednesday 28 Feb 2012. Any preliminary information you have available on Monday or Tuesday would be useful.