You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
The aim of this project is to develop an application (web-based or standalone) into which the user can enter information about family members and relationships between them, and also allow photos showing those family members to be stored with links to/from the textual information.
To complete this project a student will have to:
• Design and implement a database for storing genealogical information with data about persons (e.g. name, date of birth) and data about links (e.g. parent/child) between them.
• Offer facilities for entering new person data and new link data.
• Offer facilities for querying for e.g. parents or siblings of persons.
• Allow photos to be stored, with simple links from person records to any photos including that person.
Additional functionality may include:
• Copping with non-definitive information e.g. misspelled names or identifying people on pictures with estimates of reliability.
• Being able to click on a person in a photo and link to the genealogical entry for that person.