Currently I have Employees table which contains employees information (i.e. name, department, qualification level, employment date … etc).
• Admin should be able to add a user name and password for most of the employees (that are going to use the application).
• Admin only can create user names
• User should be able to change his/her password.
• Password should NOT be stored as a clear text, it should be stored something like asterisk or stars, or any other unreadable format.
• Users log in, log off should be logged or stored for audit purposes(optional).
• A User can access forms/menus which he/she is allowed to only, so security level of assigning roles/access rights to user should be created (based on user/group – forms).
• Admin only can modify/add/delete the access right.
• Before a user can access the application, he/she should be authenticated, using the username/ password.
Document management and exchange:
Right now, four types of documents exist (incoming documents, outgoing documents, executive manager incoming documents, and general documents).
• Incoming documents: are those documents received from other organizations and to be processed be different section\departments in our organization.
• Outgoing documents: are those to be sent for other organizations.
• Executive manager incoming documents: documents from other organization for the executive manager
For every type of those documents a separate table exist,
The project to be developed in MS Access 2007,
To create an inbox or interface/interfaces to allow users to view and exchange documents among them, this should be as an access form/forms.
So the user would be able to:
• Send a document to another users,
• Receive documents from other users
• When a user receive a document, he/she should accept it (or read/open it) so, other users/sender know that the receiver read/open the document, when he/she query about this.
• When a user receive a document, he/she should be able to add comments and attachments(no modification to other comments/attachments or document details should be allowed), and re-send it to another user.
• The document then should disappear from the user inbox, and displayed in the receiver inbox.
• When a document is sent to users other than the creator, document should be flagged (i.e. as saved, or closed) and other users should not be able to modify it, they only can add comments. Only admin can change the status (i.e. to open..), then the creator or admin can modify the document, and this should be logged.
• User can view full documentroute, the route should contain information like (document, from user , to user, date sent, date accepted, time in receiver inbox, comments …etc).
• User should be able to query for a document he/she sent to other users.
• User should be able to add documents to a watch list, where he/she can check status (route, comments, current user).
• User should be able to create a list/lists of favorite user, so it is easier for him/her to select user to send documents to.
• User should be able to set a default list of favorite users (in case of having more than one list)
• Currently on the documents table I have a field called (attachment) which is of type OLE, I need to allow user adding attachments to the document in a easy way (user friendly ).
• menu, to navigate
Note: Time is critical factor, So I would expect the project to be completed on the agreed time, otherwise there is no use of it
Also the graphical user interface is very important.