You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
The task is to create a Microsoft Project Macro that will automatically create separate summary schedule from details contained within the base schedule. A numbers column is used in the base schedule to indicate the tasks and summary tasks that need to appear in the summary schedule. A text column is used in the base schedule to indicate the predecessor and successor linking that needs to appear in the base schedule.
Creating the Summary Schedule
• The summary schedule shall be created in a separate instance of Microsoft Project (i.e. not within the same project).
• The project standard calendar for the summary schedule shall be the same as the base schedule
• The summary schedule calendar options for Hours per day, Hours per week and Days per month calculations shall be the same as the base schedule
• All tasks in the summary schedule shall be auto scheduled.
• Column Number1 in the base schedule contains either a 0,1 or 2 against each task. 0 represents that the tasks is not to be included in the summary schedule. 1 represents that it is a summary task (or level 1) in the summary schedule. 2 represents that it is a normal task (level 2) in the summary schedule.
• Summary schedule level 1 task names shall be a dynamic link to the corresponding task name in the base schedule.
• Summary schedule level 2 task names, start dates, finish dates and % complete shall be a dynamic link to that of the corresponding task in the base schedule.
• The summary schedule predecessor links for each task shall be captured in the Text26 column of the base schedule.
• The predecessor text in the base schedule will indicated the base schedule task ID.
• A comma will separate multiple predecessors
• The gantt chart bar for each group of level 2 tasks in the summary schedule shall be coloured a different colour.
• The order of colouring for each group shall be:
• If there are more than 10 groups of tasks in the summary schedule the colouring shall start again from the top.
• Once created the summary schedule shall be saved.
• The summary schedule file path shall be the same as the base schedule.
• The summary schedule file name shall be the same as the base schedule with the addition of the word “Summary” and the date. The format shall be: base schedule file name & “- Summary – yyyymmdd”
• I shall be able to view, update and change the macro once it has be submitted
• All rights to the code shall belong to me