You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Learning Outcomes Being Assessed
1. Display an advanced knowledge of the design issues in distributed multimedia systems
2. Apply advanced knowledge in the design of a global internetworking solution
3. Critically evaluate solutions for supporting multimedia internetworking
4. Demonstrate expertise in the challenges of Internet evolution
Outline of Problem
It is important to understand how network applications operate behind the scene, even a simple network application allows us to understand some of the challenges in internetworking. In this project, it required to design and implement a port visualisation application to highlight active and non-active ports. It also needs to show the network traffic on the active ports.
Detail of Questions
Based on tutorials and lab material provided design and implement the tasks below using Visual C# 2010. All of these should be done using windows application project.
• To find active and non-active communication ports on a networked computer
• Graphically display/print the active ports
• Record the traffic on the active ports
• Explain the structure of code using UML diagrams with a brief description
Critical evaluation of an Internetworking application
• Based on the experience of implementing the application you should provide critical analysis of the challenges in network traffic monitoring during the development of multimedia internetworking application. This analysis should make reference to appropriate academic papers
Guidelines/Length ： Critical evaluation report: maximum 1500 words
Resources Required Visual Studio 2010
Design & Implementation of the Network Application
• Design documentation
• Reading active and Non active ports
• Visual display of all ports
• Visual display of active ports traffic
• Critical evaluation of an internetworking application