You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Learning Outcomes Being Assessed
1. Display an advanced knowledge of the design issues in distributed multimedia systems
2. Apply advanced knowledge in the design of a global internetworking solution
3. Critically evaluate solutions for supporting multimedia internetworking
4. Demonstrate expertise in the challenges of Internet evolution
Based on tutorials and lab material provided you should design and implement a solution that meets the following specification, using Visual C# 2010.
a. Initialise the Network
• Using five nodes
• Assign IP address and port to each node
• Connect and display all five nodes in client-server topology
b. Chat Application
• Using the above network setup develop a chat application to allow five different users to chat. This application should have a user interfaceto allow a user to connect, disconnect and send messages to other users. During chatting activity monitor the network traffic at each node
c. Visual Display
• Add functionality in the required chat application to visually display the network topology of connected users (clients). The topology should dynamically update after user join or leave the network.
d. Design Documentation
• A short user manual to help the user to operate the application
e. Critical evaluation of an Internetworking application
• Based on the experience of implementing the application you should provide critical analysisof the challenges in network traffic monitoring during the development of multimedia internetworking application. This analysis should make reference to appropriate academic papers.
A report containing design documentation and a copy of the commented code.
Resources Required Internet & LRC. Microsoft Visual C# 2010.
Design & Implementation of the Network Application
• Network set up
• Chat application
• Visual display
• Design documentation
• Critical evaluation of an internetworking application