The macro is being commissioned as part of the development activities of a advisory firm during its pre-launch preparations. The purpose of the macro is to automate certain functions related to the conversion and formatting of RFP templates. The RFP templates at the end of the RFP and negotiation process become contractual documents.
The functionality required by the macro(s) are several:
1. Ability to convert text into a specified Table Format;
2. Ability to convert Table into Text – with specific parameters;
3. Ability to convert Table into a Draft Contract;
4. Ability to create/renumber the customized cell references in the specified Table Format;
5. Ability to update the numbered cell references to account for cells added or removed;
6. Ability to change fonts of Heading and Text and format shading of Headings and Text.
7. Auto update of any and all Cross References.
These macro must be able to zipped to facilitate ease of distribution and installed as a single package onto individual PCs. Please assume that all PCs shall be running MS Office 2010. Additionally, all of the above macro when installed must:
1. Operate from their own menu in the MS Word ribbon; and
2. Have their own separate tool bar.
I have provided a sample of text taken from one of the draft RFP templates upon which you may text the macro. If would however encourage you to test more widely that the sample text provided.
The Macros, Ribbon and Toolbar should be entitled “YS RFP Template”.
Additionally a simple User Guide must also accompany the macros setting out how to install and use each of the macros. The User Guide should be prepared in MS Powerpoint, however MS Word is acceptable if it is believed that works better.
I shall provide a copy of the You Source PowerPoint template as well as an extract of some draft RFP text.