I need a software utility (exe file) to test speakers. The speakers are normal home speakers (not audiophile ones).
What I need to test are:
- need to check if the speakers are functioning properly by giving a left-or-right signal.
e.g. we can use left.mp3 to check the left speaker and right.mp3 to check the right one.
The content of each mp3 is recorded appropriately to perform such function.
- need to check the polarity of the speakers (in-phase or out-of-phase).
e.g. each left and right speakers need to be checked by playing back another recorded file (in-phase.mp3 or out-of-phase.mp3).
- finally, need to check the performance of the speakers by using pink noise.
e.g. each left and right speakers need to play a specific pink noise (pinknoise.mp3). Then we check a few important frequency band (maybe for this case, we do NOT have to use the full 31 bands). We will most likely to use 6-10 bands to detect the performance, e.g. 80Hz, 250Hz, 1000Hz, 2000Hz, 4000Hz & 10kHz.
The software will perform step-by-step check and will report if the speakers are NOT functioning properly.
The flow should be:
1. Test number 1 (Speaker Balance Check), when a left or right speaker is broken, a light will flash showing which speaker is broken. then it should NOT proceed to the next test.
2. Test number 2 (Polarity Check), when a left or right speaker is out of phase, a light will flash showing which speaker is broken. then it should NOT proceed to the next test.
3. Test number 3 (Frequency Response Check), when done analyzing the frequency response of both speakers, please show the 1/3 octave level representation of each chosen frequency.
That's about it.
Please note that a normal PC microphone is used for this test.