Happy Catfish Web Studio is a small U.S. based creative agency focused on premium Web design. We are seeking an exceptionally talented graphic/website designer to join our firm on a full-time permanent basis.
--- Work Environment ---
You will work independently from home (or another location of your choosing) and will have considerable flexibility over your schedule and work environment. For self-motivated professionals, working remotely can be a "dream job". (All of our team is distributed and has been since our launch. None of our team would probably ever want to go back to a traditional office environment.)
Even though you are working remotely, your schedule will generally parallel a standard business day in your time zone. Unlike most distributed companies, we prefer that you work on a schedule that is convenient and familiar to you rather than one which is simply convenient for us. We find this significantly improves productivity and overall job satisfaction.
--- Responsibilities ---
- As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for synthesizing client requirements and concepts and transforming them into breath-taking, awe-inspiring, highly functional designs. Most of your designs will be for the Web although you will have some mix of print and other media to keep things interesting.
- Once designs are completed and approved, you will help to transform them to XHTML/CSS--typically for use in Drupal or WordPress sites.
- You will frequently collaborate with clients, content specialists, developers, and project manager(s).
- You will work with clients to understand their needs and vision, with content specialists to verify site designs do match client needs, with developers to ensure their implementation matches your vision (and that of the clients), and with project manager(s) to ensure the overall success of the projects.
--- Requirements ---
Here are some of our must-have qualifications.
- An obsession for delivering beautiful high-quality designs and a great eye for color, layout, and typography.
- Experience in variety of design styles and media (including at least Web and print)
- Strong familiarity with user interface design and design best practices
- Thorough knowledge of current Web design standards and best practices
- Strong working knowledge of responsive Web design techniques
- Strong working knowledge of CSS and XHTML
- Working knowledge of Drupal or WordPress theme development
- Near-mastery of PhotoShop, Illustrator, Corel Draw and/or other industry-standard tools.
- Completion of a formal training program in art or graphic design (A four year degree is preferred but not required.)
- Ability to work in a high-velocity environment and produce exceptional designs quickly
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with other designers, developers, content specialists, and clients
- Must be highly fluent in written and spoken English
- Must be a self starter with an exceptional work ethic--capable of working independently with very limited supervision
--- Compensation ---
In addition to our flexible friendly work environment, you will also be eligible for a competitive compensation package complete with salary and bonuses.
--- To Apply ---
To be considered, please submit a CV and a comprehensive design portfolio showcasing both your Web and print designs. All of these designs should be exclusively yours. (Hint: There is no such thing as a portfolio with too many designs. We love to see your creative output no matter how good or bad.) [Removed by Freelancer.com Admin]
*** Also, please provide your (realistic) hourly/monthly rate requirements and availability. ***