My Wordpress website is at: http://www.bullyingrulez.org
I am updating this project as I feel I could have been more detailed in my explanation of my project:
1) I really need the banner that is attached to this Project posting, finalised. it's a simple job and the banner has already been designed for me. But! lol I've struggled to resize it for my theme.
2) The banner is the only thing I want done!! However because it's such a small task I'm asking for I felt a developer who specialises in Wordpress initial configs may have suggestions for my site after taking a look at it. So when developers bid 200 pounds I freaked a bit! lol So suggestions were what i was hoping for. :) after all I can get plugins to do most of the work for me. but if someone could get it all up and running with the plugins I've chosen......... that'd be a big help.
3) I like the theme, so I don't want that changed. but if a developer informed me of small tasks to make my site secure and ready for big spikes in visitors when I publish my book in a years time, that'd be a great help.
4) i was really hoping the work could be done in stages. I'm on disability benefits in the Uk and am willing to spend 200 pounds on my site, but broken down into stages makes more sense, especially as I only really want the simple task of the banner positioned correctly! . But can't see what the money will be spent on at this stage. But if a developer said "OK, banner and logo and maybe a html newsletter template matching the website for 50 pounds as "stage 1". Then maybe advice on certain plugins and configurations to get RSS, social media all integrated and setup ready to go as "stage 2" I could go with that.
5) I can do all these things myself but it's time and I'd like to gain trust in a developer that can use in the future for small job (or big) to save me the headache!
..........here is my original project post .............
I need a hand to get the site up and running ready for visitors. I figure a person who specialises in initial configuration of wordpress will be ideal. If we get along I will need on-going support. Knowledge of effective widget, plugins and navigation tools to make a user’s experience of my site, a smooth and pleasant event is beneficial. I've also only just noticed a friend can’t see the flash slideshow on his ipad. I do hate apple!! That’ll need looking into if easily fixed.
I initially only wanted to get the Banner and logo completed, but further thinking leads me to think other house-keeping tasks will need completing before allowing the site to be reference by Google’s search engines (in a couple of moths). I used a company from freelance.co.uk to design the logo and banner for the site but resizing the Banner to fit has been a struggle for my limited Photoshop skills! I need to spend more time on writing articles.
I have been playing around with this site for a year now, on and off. I plan to finish a book and a documentary about workplace bullying at a very large company that has so far been covered up. I suspect the site will initially receive many hits (it’s an explosive series of events I plan to expose) when I finally publish my book and later my documentary in late 2013 or early 2014. I work on the site sparingly but want to start to post articles on self-realization and bullying.
Advice on what I will need to produce a well-structured and secure wordpress site especially full-site backups which I do daily to Google Drive.
I have little funds but figure the work can be done a bit at a time over the next few months.
I have included the Banner and Logo files in a .zip file that the previous company completed for me (who haven't answered my emails..... so far).