You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I am looking for experts to design and deploy two websites: one ecommerce website for a women's apparel & accessories business, and one simple information website for the parent company. I already have a hosting account with InMotion Hosting ("Power" plan with shared SSL) and have two registered domains. The goal is to outsource the website design to experts, but to learn from the designers how to maintain it myself once it is designed. I would prefer to use a CMS like Joomla, but am open to suggestions.
Key requirements for the ecommerce webiste:
1. Look of the website should be contemporary and minimalistic. Good examples are the womens accessories pages for the following: ASOS, JC Penney, and My Wardrobe
2. Main focus is on a smooth, pleasant and glitch-free user experience - from the landing page to the various product pages to the shopping cart and check-out.
3. Website should not have performance issues. Product pages will have many high quality photographs, so time for loading the pages should be minimal. Would prefer to have zoom-in capability via user clicking or hovering on the images.
4. Product pages should also have quantity and colors available in stock for each product. Once a purchase is made, stock availability should adjust automatically.
5. This business is starting off as a small home-based business, but has the potential to grow big, so the ecommerce website needs to be scalable.
6. Would prefer to have sufficient level of analytics built in to enable detailed analysis of web traffic, time spent by users on each page/product, visits converted into sales, etc., in order to understand impact of product range, product pricing, web design and user experience on traffic and sales.
Additional Project Description:
06/17/2013 at 1:50 IST
7. User experience should be good regardless of platform, browser, browser version, and form factor. As far as website access on mobile devices is concerned, I am open to either having having a website that adjusts itself based on the form factor or redirecting to a website optimized for mobile devices.