I need to make some more enhancements/cleaning up for an existing website (details will be provided).
1) User Registration process:
NOW: This currently operates by a user signing up and a code being sent to the email and having users copy and paste that code in a browser. I have had users inadvertently close the browser. At that point, they usually get frustrated about signing on.
CHANGE TO: I would like users to register and have an activation HYPERLINK directly sent by email. Clicking the link should be able to get them to authenticate and activate their login. There should not be any need for copying and pasting. Upon authentication, they should get a "welcome message" sent to their email. I can provide the content for this welcome message. I should be able to edit this welcome message in case it becomes necessary.
2) Email errors. In the registration form, I would like a "re-enter email field" to prevent users from entering an incorrect spelling. Users sometimes type incorrect email addresses and I want to prevent these errors from happening.
3) Google Checkout integration
Users can sign on free but will be presented with a choice of 2 paid products. Once they reach the limit, they should be "down-graded" to free user status (i.e) should not have access unless they pay.
Free user: has access to
Paid user: can access everything that free user can access and
- either Product 1 or Product 2
- pages that are present in a specific directory on the website (eg/secure/paidmaterial1.html
I have the code for the google checkout integration/shopping cart that needs to go on a new page titled "Subscription".
4) Admin page
a) Address a password vulnerability
b) I would like to be able to add users and automatically activate their subscription. Right now, I can add new users but cannot "activate" their subscription.
c) I would like to add another column to the Admin page - for the date the user signed on.