I need an expert web designer to create a new, online store. I haven't worked with Magento but believe I'd like the store created with this software. I am open for suggestions.
I want the following features:
1. SEO friendly designed site with SEO friendly urls. If you don't know how to design a site that is optimized for the search engines, please don't bid. Seo friendly urls are those with the product in the url. For example, 1800myflowers.com/roses/long-stemmed-red-roses.html would be a SEO friendly url for someone looking for long stemmed red roses. Hence, the page would be optimized for that and show long stemmed red roses for sale on that page. Note: there is no image#10245.html or something else that is not search engine friendly but the actual words and category of products in the url.
2. Easily editable meta tags for each page. It should be set up where it grabs the meta tags from the product's title and description but should have an option if we want to override that and include a different meta tag. This is for product title, description and keyword meta tags.
3. eGift Certificates. You will need to design the gift certificate and have this operational for a customer to purchase. They should be available in several dollar amounts.
4. A multi-tiered affiliate program. At least 3 levels deep, if not more.
5. Cross-sell feature. People who bought this also bought that.
6. People who bought this also viewed this. (This is optional but would be nice if you could do this.)
7. History of purchases so a customer can look up what they've previously ordered and reorder more, if they'd like.
8. Can buy as a guest shopper or sign up as a new customer.
9. Newsletter feature. You will need to set up where people can sign up for a newsletter and then have a program for us to write a newsletter and have it sent out along with opt out option.
10. An area of the site where people can upload recipes and customers can review them. We need to have the option to remove whatever recipes or comments, if desired.
11. eBook section. We need to have a program designed where we can create an ebook and have it available to be downloaded on our site and from other sites, like Amazon.
12. There will be a variety of sections to this site as it's not just an ecommerce website but one of information, too. We want a blog created for different areas within the site where a person will have to sign up and register before blogging. There will be anywhere from 3-10 topic/site areas which to blog.
13. Similar to #10 above, there needs to be another area of the site for a person to upload 1-3 photos, perhaps of themself, and an area for them to write about. Kind of like a 'before' and 'after' photo.
14. Google feed, bing feeds.
15. Site map
16. A contact us form page.
Additional Project Description:
09/12/2012 at 22:22 IST
17. This needs to be created in a tropical theme. We are currently working with someone who 'may' design part of the theme for us in .psd format which will give you an idea of what we like or want. We have logo and other designs that will need to be implemented. Some artwork may be required.
18. We want this entire website to be easy to navigate with drop down menus and to be repetitive, to be SEO-friendly. This is imperative.
19. Search engine on site.
20. Facebook and Twitter.
21. The theme of the site should carry on into other pages that we can add so we can include informational articles. You will need to show us how and where this can be done.
22. Payments accepted via Visa, MC, Discover, American Express and PayPal. We don't currently have the gateway yet but think it will be through slapjack (?), authorize.net or similar.
23. We want a decent size thumbnail image of each product in the shopping cart so a customer can see what products they're purchasing. WIll need this thumbnail image in their purchase history, too.
24. An Amazon store setup after this site is finished with our list of products to sell.
You need to have excellent website design reviews and show us examples of your work of these sites that are SEO friendly with SEO friendly urls. We want something fun and original, not the same boring oscommerce look alike with basically a template that you fill in. We want someone who can think 'outside of the box' and who can do a great job!
If you're working on multiple jobs and think of 'fitting in' this job, please don't bid. We are tired of hiring people who disappear after a few weeks or who have a million excuses as to why they got delayed with the job. Over the years, we've heard them all. If you're serious about your work, you have good work ethics, are talented at what you do and can professionally do what this job requires, then we'd like to hear from you and receive your bid.
Thanks for reading this project description. We look forward to hearing from you and - if you have recommendations other than Magento, please indicate what shopping cart system and why you feel it is better to use.
09/13/2012 at 0:06 IST
I will also need a secure part of the website for wholesale customers. They will need username and password and choose from a list of products at wholesale prices to purchase. This will require a wholesale sign up form and wholesale account number. This needs to be kept seperately from retail customers.
09/13/2012 at 0:32 IST
I also need to a customer want to send a product as a gift to someone along with a gift message.
I need a coupon function of the site to offer coupons to customers.
I need a feature like Hayneedle.com has with their Haybucks Reward program. It 'gives back' a certain percentage (3%) to the customer so they can use it on their next purchase or allow it to build up.