You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Wanted - Google API Project Plan - rapid quick start, simple and doable small project first.
We are looking for a preliminary/exploratory project approach plan that enables an eventual technology end game migration path.
Once a thorough plan is developed, we will issue a Google API project to implement. We prefer rapid prototype develop - iterate, test, modify and re-iterate; we prefer a quick start approach that gets something up very fast and lets us move forward with development. The first basics are a google api that lets us plot things on the island as well as people locations around the world. It must first allow for general mapping, sensor icons with some info/link abilities, and plot people's world location/home.
<b>Overview</b> - we need a google earth API feasibility and project plan to "drop in" or "plug in" to our existing web site. We would like a project plan, with details that will show what milestones and deliverables will be delivered when along with a quick start example portfolio of previous google earth API.
Advanced Vision Background
The end state goal is to totally revise the web site in 6-12 months once we flush out the Google API rapid prototype development. The Google API will then become the entry point, the primary interface to the site. People can see geographically not only the details of the island but also where each member is from and their profile/interests/photos etc.
The site will be a social platform in which all the users lead with subject matter expertise, content, and share their experience/knowledge. They "virtually" visit the island and see macro and micro life. And, we will marry the virtual community with the real and local "sister community" to share the island and ocean experience. The site will become as the crowdsource community lead its evolution and development. Other island and wow land will be identified by the users for us to go purchase as well.
We want to engage our users to help crowdsource a rare large island for member-steward owners. They get a vote to help sustainably manage and keep the island undeveloped. The also receive unique owner-member benefits to own the naming rights and the coordinates of their "home" Planut.
The first island will be in Maine, USA. There will be about a million "planuts" (micro plots 100 sq cm each) clustered in acre/hectare areas in which people can call their "home".
People will need to be able to see various items of interest on and around the island such as animals, fish, sounds, ants, bugs, grass, ocean and land images, plot animal tracks as well as the course a local lobsterman traveled today; we want people to see pictures of the lobsterman and maybe adopt one (see www.catchapieceofmaine.com - but we will not be "selling" something near as expensive; we will eventually include other items - local lodging, special member offerings such as kayak, adventures and special "Landicity" branded items.
The google api lets users experience the island virtually and must be flexible enough to allow for new items, things and develop growth in an easy manner
- users see and zoom into an island and navigate around the island including the larger geographic area/community.
- when they join and purchase, we will load their location info into a google api database to enable plotting.
- when we eventually map the island ourselves in more detail and at a greater scale, we will want to load this data into google api so when users zoom, they can zoom into our aerial images, maps, and grid.
- icons with descriptive info; icons for camera, audio, photo, video and other sensors (scientific metrics -- temp, humidity, and unmanned underwater vehicles or camera.
- creative people/social profile icons and locations; as people purchase their Landicity Stewardship Deed and get their home mini-plot (100 sq cm) we plot their location in the world; think some thing like a "yellow 3M sticky back" note; it needs to have profile info - name, address, email etc along with photo, interests and other stuff; simple is better but needs to be engaging and fun too.
Future technology will include worldwide outreach to interested people (Europe, China, Asia, Japan, Australia social and adventure sites), "stay on the island" and other contests with rewards, mobile device access, updates, facebook apps and other apps as well as investor/mentor sponsorship help.
Additional Project Description:
03/10/2010 at 6:08 NZDT
- Begin your response with "100309" to help us know you read our full description
- Please include your company url and the direct link to google api applications that you created, tell us a little about the results etc.
03/12/2010 at 5:58 NZDT
Please remember to fully read instructions
Also, the project is for a written plan, milestones and schedule along with estimate
Actual implementation is not being requested/required at this phase -- just the plan