I’m seeking a web developer or team to create a database website written in MySQL and Unix based languages that will match potential customers with those registered to provide a service, either for free or for a fee.
The interface you create will be the beginning of a start-up, so if our working relationship is good there is the potential for long-term work. My hope is to find someone who can take part in this venture as it grows.
MORE ABOUT THE SITE
The service providers will need to be able to register; create and edit their profile; reply to customer inquiries; and make their profiles “available” or “hidden” as they desire.
The customers will need to be able to search and view profiles; connect with the service providers; make payments via Paypal; and--after receiving service--add comments and ratings to a reputation building system for the service providers they have used.
The administrator will need to be able alter text and photos on the site; set certain profiles as “featured” on the main page; view the frequency of customers’ search terms for different time increments; view the frequency of terms used on service providers’ profiles over time; view a listing of rankings of service providers (most searched, most used, most highly rated…) and accept a percentage of the fees paid to service providers via Paypal.
This job will be paid as a project, rather than on an hourly rate.
Payment be made at three points:
1) After the Home Page is created—and at this point, if the work is satisfactory we will then proceed to contract for the full project;
2) After approximately half the work is completed;
3) After completion of the project
DIRECTIONS FOR APPLYING
1) Read the descriptions of screens (below)
2) Send a cover letter including…
a. A bid for the cost of the
i. the home page;
ii. half the project (describe work would be completed);
iii. the full project;
b. A time estimate of how many hours it would take to complete and how soon it would be completed
c. Links to similar work you have done in the past
d. Any relevant qualifications or certifications
e. A little bit about yourself and working situation (whether you are applying as a team, your specialties, how you prefer to communicate, anything that you would like me to know)
3) I will review these applications and pick my top three candidates. Once I have chosen you among the top three candidates for the job I will share a wire frame (mock up) created using Balsamiq Mock Up and ask you if you would like to revise your cost and time estimate.
I’m subcontracting with a coder, here in my home town, who will act as the liason. You would report to me but communicate with both of us.