Need some work done? Post a Project Today
I want to replicate http://www.titbit.com/solutions-for-restaurants-and-hotels/ipad-menu.htm for use in australia.
Its an menu/ordering system on a ipad
This is something that I want to go to resturants and see if they want to use an ipad to have there customers order there meals.
Each resturant may need some level of customisation.
It would need to be very interactive for the customer. I want to have high res images of the meals. I want to have a video of the chef talking about the specials of the week.
It will need to talk to a back end server or even intergrate into the resturants existing point of sales.
This is the basic process
1. The customer can look through the menu on the ipad, look at pictures, see videos etc. They can then place there order via the ipad.
2. The waiter will receive the order on there device, the waiter will go to the table and confirm the order with the customers. Once the order is ready, the waiter will submit the order. The meals will print on a printer in the kitchen, the drinks will print on a printer in the bar.
3. At any time during the cutomer at the resturant, they can order addtional things, such as drinks etc.
4. Once the customer is finished, they can review there bill on the ipad and then request for the bill. The waiter will then take a paper bill and take payment.
5. During the time, there should be an option for the customer to add things to facebook about the resturant or the meal.
look at this to http://www.aptito.com/ipad-menus/ for idea and concept. they have a good video.
I want the system to run within the resturant and not have to rely on an Internet connection.
Here is another one. http://www.menupad.com/ . You can download and test the app on an ipad before buying.