You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR WEBSITE DESIGN
A 78 room hospitality property located in the Anaheim, CA within the Disneyland Resort District. The property is a lower end of the market or budget/economy property that attracts individuals and families visiting a park at the Disneyland Resort or a convention or meeting at the Anaheim Convention Center.
Background and Objectives
The successful proposer will design and implement a cost effective, efficient, and easily managed web environment for us the client. Currently our website provides limited information about our property on a static webpage with a link to our reservation engine. We are looking to create a web presence that ensures customers that we are a fully functional operating business entity with a website that is complimentary to the operations of a lodging property of our size.
Look & Feel with Unique Web Presence
The site should portray a unique web presence that is attractive as well as functional. The look and feel of the website should be an extension of the property’s branding with warm earth tone colors and our logo with the hibiscus.
The primary goals of the website are:
1) Potential guests looking for rooms in the Anaheim, CA to book stays through our reservation engine.
2) Potential guest who are considering booking through a 3rd party website or other distribution channel are confident that the we are a quality property.
A crucial feature will be the ability to book a room directly from the website. The developer must have the ability to work with an API from our online reservation company.
A. Site Navigation and Organization
The user interface should use modern tools and techniques to intuitively guide the visitor to the information they seek. The site should include three navigation strategies:
1. Menu System as the primary navigation method of the site that is always displayed at the top/left of each page.
2. Each section must have a main page where visitors can navigate back to any of the other main section pages.
3. Full site search
4. Conversion to a Spanish language site (Optional as a separate item on Pricing)
B. Web Site Reporting
In order to maintain a quality site that continues to meet our requirements, the site must interface with our hosting provider’s web site reporting system.
C. Automate Content Management – (Optional as a separate item on pricing)
Content of the web site to be managed dynamically by non-technical department staff in as simple a method as possible. This means staff will be able to add, change and delete site content without manipulating any HTML or scripting code. Personnel should be able to access designated templates and easily update information in pre-designed formats, including the use of databases to hold and change dynamic information. This includes formatted text, hyper-links, digital pictures, as well as providing downloadable documents in Word, Excel, PDF, and other formats. Most documents will age and lose relevancy over time, and need to be routinely updated or removed.
WEB SITE PROJECT CONTENT
The following list covers the major points that will need to be included in the website.
1) Property contact e-mail link
2) Property description
3) Property telephone & address directory
4) Site Search function for all pages
5) Home button on every page
6) Reservation capability on every page in upper left hand corner
7) Street Directory/map
8) Link to current weather information or display of current weather.
9) Driving directions from major airports and/or Freeways, or direction.
B. Home Page
1) Property Description using text and pictures
1) Use API to create a separate page of reservations. May include calendar to show availability of rooms.
2) Other text or image content to direct potential customers to call, email or fax reservations
D. Specials, Promotions
1) Description of current specials and promotions being offered by property. Ideally this would be updated by our personnel.
E. Guest Rooms
1) 3 types of guest rooms including pictures and descriptions
a) King Room
b) Queen Queen Room
c) Bedroom Suites
1) Section to describe through text and pictures the hotel’s amenities.
G. Group Bookings, Meeting & Conventions:
1) Method for making a group booking for your organization and what the property offers groups through text and pictures.
2) Section to list upcoming meeting in the area with links to group websites. This would ideally be updated by our personnel.
H. Area Attractions:
1) Links and description of area events using text and pictures.
Proposals are due no later than October 1, 2008.
The proposer agrees to provide the services detailed in the RFP. This should include all pricing including optional pricing for services requested as optional.
Please review other websites for independent properties in the Anaheim resort district including: