You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I need some new software that will create swimlane process flowcharts which are readable in VISIO from a database of process steps and relationships.
The pilot project will simply need to create the database and a neatly laided out flowchart based on the contents of the database. No fancy user interface is required at this stage.
The flowcharts should be in vertical swim lane format, with up to 8 swimlanes. The flowcharts should be in MS Visio format (i.e. editable in Visio).
The input and output connectors between process steps and the positioning of process steps should be neat (avoid overlapping connectors, be drawn compact yet not spread out excessively etc). This requirement is of critical interest because the major benefit of the software is that it saves the laborious job of manually drawing process flowcharts.
The developer is required to:
1) Produce and publish a project plan within 10 days of the project starting, and maintain this ongoing as a plan of tasks completed and to be completed.
2) design and publish the database in written form
3) create the database ideally in MySQL or other Open Source database
4) design the process flowcharting engine in written form expaining the logic blocks
5) create the process flowcharting engine in an Open source language
A written status report is mandatory each week on a Thursday or Friday indicating the progress on the deliverables.
Questions, and meetings are welcome as required by the developer, with 2 days prior notice.
Bidders are requested to provide:
i) (no more than) THREE of their best examples of similar work, and
ii) a brief description of their interest in this technical field.
iii) Good development standards they use in the creation of application code.
Upon selecting a bidder we will provide further detail about the project. Bidders are then free to accept and confirm their commitment to the project.
We look forward to your bid.