You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
We are looking for a experienced WPF & C++ coder who wants to work on an exiting and fresh new app, and to continue the work of our previous coder.
The original task was:
Build an Application Launcher for Windows featuring an IPhone-like Interface, to replace the normal windows start button.
You will be given full design documents once you are hired, but for now look at these similar apps to get an idea:
The project has already been in development and a good part of the interface is already finished.
Top Level Tasks:
- Shell Replacement: Replace default start menu (W7) with our custom one
- The normal "windows key" should open our Application Launcher app
- Some UI Fixes
- Implementation of Power Controls
- Live Search: Once the user starts typing, matches turn up
- Scanning for apps installed on the system & Implementation of these apps in the Launcher
The current source-code is commented and the previous coder available for questions.
Please write the word "app launcher" in your bid so we can see that you actually read this.
This is an expandable project: This means if the contractor works well, he will be given further work on the project .
- be comfortable in programming for windows & have advanced experience in WPF & C++
- build a Fluid, immediate interface (without lags)
- lightweight: without using too much resources from the user's system
- keep technical debt low: This project is conceived to evolve and expand, so keep it flexible so that future versions can be build without having to re-do too much of the original code
- understandable commented source code: Reasonably comment the source-code so that also other coders can easily understand the code
- To disclose any informations (including prototypes or design documents) about the project
- To distribute the full or parts of the source-code of the project in any form
- To re-use code (e.g. code for major features and interface) from this project in any other project outside of this
- To copy or use the user interface for any other project