iPhone/iPad movie trivia game, containing 4 game types. Interfaces with Rotten Tomatoes, Facebook, and Apple Gamecenter. Program will be complex and containing many forms, including an internal web browsing window, timer, dice, user typing, difficulty settings, voting, and a scoring system. Please be very comfortable with sizable program complexity and have completed one fairly large iPhone app or game. This will contain persistent data on a server.
In terms of design, this game will contain, but is not limited to:
Host/Join game Screen
(Game type selection)
Dice Screen ( D. 26 – alphabet)
Main Trivia Screen
Web browsing screen
Challenged Screen (will be further explained in more detailed
Note: program will contain synchronization of different, but concurrent, screens for different players during game
This will have a back-end for scores and for users without Facebook.
You could do the back-end for additional monies.
1. Rotten Tomatoes Movie Facts Code
- Format of Information
- Given Movie Title, retrieve the following pieces of information
-Does Movie exist (Boolean)
-# of movie critical reviews
-# of user ratings
- Store ALL OF ABOVE in struct/objects
2. Trivia Game Engine (Provide screenshots)
- Tracks from 2 to N players
- N = 5
- Asks M types of question in game-creation
o Movie Genre
o Public / Private (game)
o Turn-based / real-time
- Checks answer
- i.e., determines if answer is correct or incorrect
- Loading screen displays animation(s)
- Pause screen
3. Facebook/other website Login/Score
- Keeps overall player statistics including:
o Games played.
o Win/Loss Record.
o Sends invites to a public/private game
o Includes “Quick join” feature of game that matches selected criteria