Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Required is a minimal complete prototype of a WS Word add-in, which can communicate to an external program.
* User presses a custom button in Word.
* The add-in connects to an external program. If the program is not running yet, the add-in starts the program.
* The add-in sends a message to the program and gets an answer from the program. Add-in displays the answer.
I have no experience with IPC (interprocess communication) and Word, therefore I'd like also to get:
* links to the best practices,
* explanation why you preferred your solution instead of alternatives.
* Word: starting with the version 2000
* Windows: starting with the version 2000
* External program: ideally written in Python, but other popular languages are also ok