You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
This should be a simple nice job.
I have this CakePHP website that compares prices of phone companies --> http://www.simonlykenner.nl/
The data is now editable at the backend, but it is too much work to check and fill this manualy.
The companies have feeds available. I would like to load the feed data nightly with a cron job in to the database.
What needs to be done:
- adjust database to be able to fill from feeds
- create code that fills db from feeds
- create file that needs to be able to run from command line (for cron)
If you can complete this successfully I have more jobs for you in the near future.
Additional Project Description:
12/06/2012 at 15:45 EST
A lot of you think this is only a scraping job. This is not the case:
- CakePHP Models & database tables need to be adjusted a bit to be able to save the feed data.
- I would like the feed processing to be done from within CakePHP controllers and also using CakePHP models.
12/06/2012 at 15:50 EST
There will be about 8 to 10 XML feeds, delivered by 2 affiliate companies. So you can expect 2 different XML markups.