Need some work done? Post a Project Today
We need a small website built in Ruby on Rails.
The website will consist only of a (mostly static) home page, and several web services that will query an extremely simple database and return an XML response. It is intended that these web services will be called from a Flash client (development of the Flash client is not part of this brief). The rails developer need only develop XML based web services (not an HTML based web application).
List of required XML web services
- About 8 simple (single table) database queries
- User account management services:
- get user details
- account creation (with email verification)
- account activation
- retrieve password
- change password
- email referral (send to a friend)
- Saving and loading of user's favourites lists
- load favourites
- save favourites
- add favourite
- remove favourite
- clear favourites
- email one favourite
- email all favourites
- Implementation of a phonetic hashing algorithm (the details of which will be provided) that will generate a phonetic key for a given entry; and a script that will generate and save this key for each entry in the database
Several of the services require the sending of one or more emails. Templates will have to be created for these emails.
The developer must:
- Where appropriate, make use of all standard design patterns and practices
- Verify the correctness of service implementations with unit tests
- Clearly document and comment the source code so that the purpose and design of methods are clear and so the application is maintainable
Project completion would be expected 2 - 3 weeks from project award.
We are currently in the process of costing the project and do not expect to begin development for a couple of weeks.
We will retain all IP of the work and complete ownership of the source code.
Please contact me for a more complete technical specification and any other questions.