I require a talented programmer to code a program that has the capability to run a process where:
1. a PDF document will be OCR'd to produce an editable document.
2. the program must locate certain strings of words in the OCR document;
3. then when those strings appear, to create an XML file, namely an answer file for the program called HotDocs (a document generation program) (http://www.hotdocs.com/). The same "answers" should be able to be saved to SQL database if necessary.
The XML Answer file will need to be used by HotDocs to generate a written report. HotDocs has the ability to have a DLL created whereby answers can be "absorbed" into the HotDocs system enabling a report to be prepared. See http://wiki.hotdocs.com/index.php?title=Create_an_Answer_Source_Integration
The "absorbed answers" written to the HotDocs XML answer file will be the word / phrases which are outputted by your software after the OCR process has occurred.
From a PDF document (see attached dummy contract) I wanted for example on the front page to be able to
FROM THE FRONT PAGE OF THE DUMMY CONTRACT
1. Extract who the Real Estate Agent is (1st box - L J Hooker Ashfield) and put those details into the answer file
2. Extract 'identifier' details of the address of the property being bought (middle of page) including street number / name / suburb (1 Smith Street Smithville)
3. Extract details of when contract is due to be completed (12 weeks after the date of the Contract)
4. Extract details of the date of the contract which will usually be a handwritten date in the last box of the first page.
The info extracted would be placed as an answer in the hotdocs XML answer file. The answer file would then be used to prduce a document. For example
You as the Purchaser are required to complete the Contract and finalise the purchase of [details extracted from no 2.]. in [details extracted from no 3.] days after the date of the Contract which is [details extracted from no 4.].
You also promise to the Vendor that you have only been introduced to [details extracted from no 2.] by the Agent shown on the front page of the Contract being [details extracted from no 1.]. If you have been introduced to the property by another agent please advise us immediately as you may be liable to pay the commission of another Agent. "
If you look at the dummy Contract there is information that I will require which may not be shown simply in text but also in diagrams (see the plans attached to the dummy contract). I need to extract info from the diagrams to confirm that the information matches what's on the front page of the Contract.
These contracts are usually 30 - 40 pages. They will be about 2 - 3mb in size but can be bigger or smaller. I am happy to consider using any OCR process but would prefer an open source one to minimise cost.