Need some work done? Post a Project Today
Pick a context by yourself, e.g. a pet store, an animal hospital, consulting firm, etc and familiarize yourself with its business operation. You are to develop a database for it. This first part of the project is on database analysis/modeling and you are expected to work on the design and implementation of the same database in the second and third part of the project.
In this database analysis/modeling project, your task is to develop a conceptual data model for the context you have picked and represent this model using an ERD. You should keep the following requirements in mind when selecting your context. In order to show you are capable of applying your database analysis knowledge, your conceptual data model should meet the following requirements:
1. It should have at least eight entities (including associative entity).
2. Use associative entity wherever appropriate. It should have at least one associative entity.
3. It should have at least one unary relationship and at least one binary relationship.
4. The relationships should show different types of cardinalities wherever appropriate (optional one, optional many, mandatory one, mandatory many).
5. Each entity type should have a set of attributes. Your ERD should have at least one special type of attribute, such as composite attribute, multi-valued attribute, etc.
6. Designate a key attribute for each strong entity type.
1. ERD drawn using (e.g. Microsoft Visio).
2. Describe in English
a. the context (e.g. what type of company and who in the company will use your database, what business processes your database can support; make sure your model makes reasonable business sense);
b. the business rules represented by the ERD;
c. how your ERD meets the above requirements, e.g. which entities are associative entities; which attribute is a special type of attribute and the specific type; if your ERD contains a ternary relationship, please indicate so and where. (in Microsoft Word).