You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I am a lawyer / attorney in Australia looking for a furniture designer to design a custom timber stand up writing desk. The intention is then to give that design to my father-in-law, who runs a large cabinet making business specialising in kitchens to manufacture the desk for me. While they specialise in kitchens, they have manufactured book cases and desks in the past. However, they needed the designs and specifications provided to them. This desk will be a one-off for personal use only.
Having researched on the internet, an example of the desk with some of the functionality I am looking for is here: http://www.standupdesks.com/3n1.shtml.
The list of functionality I am looking for is:
1. A stand-up desk. Height and width to be confirmed post-bid acceptance. I will also send a photo of my workspace and the dimensions of the workspace post-bid acceptance.
2. The desk must have one section with a sloped writing area with a leather inlay. The sloped section should be in the middle of the desk so that books and papers can be placed on either side while I am writing on the sloped section. The other sections on either side should be flat.
3. The sloped section should have a lift-up lid like the example with a storage compartment for envelopes, pens, notebooks etc (I will supply dimensions of my preferred notebooks). See picture 27 on the example of the website mentioned above: http://standupdesks.com/3n1.shtml
4. The sloped section should itself have a flat part at the top on which a task lamp can be placed. Or the task lamp could be attached to the rear of the desk so that it can hand over the writing area.
5. I also want to be able to attach a HoverBar for iPad produced by Twelve South to the rear of the desk so that I can float my iPad for reference. See http://twelvesouth.com./products/hoverbar. There will need to be something on the desk to attach the clamp to.
6. 2 - 3 simple drawers in the front.
7. A bookshelf underneath.
8. A footrail to rest one foot on while standing and writing.
With respect to design, the example desk looks very traditional. However, I am open to more modern design suggestions as my workplace was fitted out fresh only last year and is reasonably modern.
I look forward to hearing from you.