This project is for development and testing of the mobile application as specified below
1) Platform: Android AND iPhone (basically, need two apps)
2) The projects scope:
- SW development. Android comes first and then porting to Objective C / iPhone
- Professional graphics for the UI
3) The app should work as follows
- On start-up, the user's location is detected
- The HTTP GET request is generated to the specified server and the lat/long coordinates detected at the previous step are submitted to the server. Few additional parameters should be submitted as well, will discuss later.
- The server's response consists of a set of geo points (lat/lng coordinates) and some info data associated with each point
- The map is generated on the device's display where the user location is marked, and so are all the geo points received from the server. The map can be superimposed on some actual free map available (like Google Map, let;s discuss this). Along the map, a selectable list list of "geo points" should be dsplayed
- Using the COMPASS, the map is rotated so that the north coincides correctly with the true north direction
- Upon the map generation the following functionality must be available: a) zoom, move the map, and the button to go back to the default display of the user's location in the center of the map; b) a click on the geo-point, either on the map or in the listbox, will result in a pop-up displaying information pertaining to the selected point; c) some change of settings, that will act as a filter on the displayed geo points - some of the will be displayed and some not.
More details will be discussed with the winning bidder only.
The bidder must have an experience in mobile apps development and show examples of the applications developed by him or his team.