Welcome, and thank you for your interest in this project.
I am looking for a talented application developer to create an iPad and iPhone app for a picture book.
The app will be for distribution across apple devices (iPad and iPhone). All illustrations, text and music will be provided.
The successful developer will be required to:
1. Create a launch page and icon using the illustrations provided (I would love if the developer is able to add an overlay of falling snow over the top of the launch image, adding an animated effect to it)
2. Create buttons for ‘Read it’, ‘Play it’ and ‘Show it’ to be displayed on the launch page (I would like all buttons in the app to be words with a snowflake underlay – a word with a snowflake underneath)
3. A settings page for turning music on and off, and sound on and off
4. Have three versions of the book (each approx. 20 pages); ‘Read it’ will play the voiceover (voiceover will be provided as a sound file/mp3), but stop after each page, requiring the user to flick to the next page manually, which will start the voiceover on the next page. ‘Play through’ will be timed, and will have the voiceover play and turn the pages automatically. ‘I’ll read it myself’ will just require the user to manually turn the page, with no voiceover (like a normal book).
5. Each page will require a ‘home’ button, and the ‘Read it’ and ‘Play it’ options will require a ‘pause’ and ‘mute’ button on each page (small snowflake icons – no bars across the top or bottom)
6. It would be great if, as each word is read by the voice over it is highlighted in green, or if the word being read is magnified as it is said.
7. The music will play on loop throughout the story, but be quite soft
The illustrations and the text will be provided (you will need to add the text so that it can be animated as per above – see point 6). The voiceover and music will also be provided.
The app is to run in LANDSCAPE mode only.
Successful developer must have applicable rights to use any extras (snowflake image, falling snow animation etc), which will revert to me following its development.
Please place your bid (which will act as a binding, final price) for the above. Include the word ‘Christmas’ in your bid so I know you’ve read the entire brief. Please send a link to previous apps you’ve made, and tell me how many previous apps you've made at ljdevet.com/contact.
The successful developer will be required to sign a contract outlining costs, timeframe and copyright/permissions.
BIDS ABOVE GUIDE PRICE WILL STILL BE CONSIDERED, provided you are able to send links to previous apps you’ve developed at ljdevet.com/contact.