You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
The aim is to develop a language learning application from a pre-defined list of words. The app should work across web, iPhone and iPads.
The app would be accessible to students as well as their teachers. The application helps students memorize words of a new language and allows students to take quizzes whenever the wish. The teachers would keep adding new words to their students’ accounts. The app also generates quizzes based on the student’s past performance as well as new content he/she learns.
We are inspired from http://www.innovativelanguage.com/products/iphone?id=207
1. Offline word store with automated syncing and updation when student goes online
2. Teachers to be able to add words in English, their translations in the learning Language and their Phonetics for all their students
3. Word Lists : Words are displayed as lists grouped by category (Travel/ Food/ Transport etc.) or alphabetically (as chosen by the user)
4. Individual word cards display – On browsing a particular word : the word in English, translation in the learning Language and its Phonetics
5. Browsing between various word cards (next, prev)
6. Personalization: Ability to mark difficult or useful words to review at any time
7. Search Function: Ability to search entire words database in English or target language
8. Word Bank Flashcards: Ability to instantly review Word Bank entries in flashcard format
9. Automated multiple choice quizzing - using flashcards
10. Progress tracking and Visual Depiction – using charts and scores
a. Scores - Learning depth across categories – E.g. in travel category - #of words gone through , %accuracy in quizzes
b. Overall chart – (Total words learnt x Average accuracy) vs. Time