You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
Unit Title: MARKETING
Unit Coordinator: Dr Ioannis Kostopoulos Unit Code: MAR008-2
Assignment Title/No: Referral Assignment 2 Assessment Weighting: 30%
Submission date/week: Anonymous Marking? No
Assignment should be handed in by 4.00pm.
Unit title must be included as a header/footer on every page.
Pages should be numbered.
All sheets should be stapled the group report, long sheet and presentation should be enclosed in a plastic wallet with completed assignment top sheet.
The unit title and code number must be clearly marked on the assignment top sheet.
Students failing to submit material through Turnitin but provide a hard copy only will be considered as not having met the requirements of the assessment task and will be referred (rather than failed for non-submission).
Coursework must be handed in by the date and time specified. Late work is not accepted, and will be deemed a fail and graded G(0) (no work submitted).
• To understand and discuss the key concepts and theories that inform marketing decisions;
• To identify and analyse marketing problems and plan appropriate courses of action;
• To apply marketing theory in different organisational contexts;
• To express ideas and findings and proposals both verbally and in writing.
For this assignment you must chose a hotel chain (Hilton, Holiday Inn, Marriott e.t.c.) and collect information on the company’s integrated marketing communications strategy. Then you should critically evaluate each component of the IMC strategy providing pertinent theoretical arguments and specific examples of practices.
The report should be in essay type and should be supported by specific data deriving from secondary research and theoretical arguments from the pertinent theory.
Format for submission
- The word limit for is 1500 words.
- All work should be word processed using either Times New Roman or Arial font, Arial 12 point; 1.5 line spacing; single side A4 paper with numbered pages with line spacing of 1½ and justified.
- Left hand margin of 3cm; Right hand margin 2 cm; Header 2.5 cm and Footer 2 cm
- A bibliography and referencing (where applicable) is essential
- Harvard system of referencing
- A minimum of 10 referenced academic sources is required.
- No more than 50% of references may be from the internet.
1. The theory:
Use one or more theories to support your standpoint. The theories used should be applied to practical situations.
2. The structure:
Flexible. You can describe the theory you intend to use to support your standpoint, and then use practical situations to reinforce your work. There is no fix order to structure this assignment.
3. The link between theory and cases:
Remember to relate the two together sufficiently! You need to relate the theory to evidence in your assessment. The evidence needs to be specific. Don’t use generalised and anecdotal evidence.
4. Use of literature:
Use academic source, i.e. books, journal articles etc. A minimum of 10 referenced academic sources is required. Do not over use Internet sources (50% maximum). Academic journals can be good resources of industrial cases which may give you some good ideas about the situations. You are required to have proper in-text reference and the reference list in the end using the Harvard Referencing System.
5. The writing:
Try to approach this assignment in a logical and systematic way. Produce a plan of the report before you start. Make sure you have a logical structure, a convincing argument, clear description of the situations which ‘set the scene’, and clear explanation which relate to theories, and a conclusion that draws your argument together.