You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
The Telecom Analyst is responsible for:
• Analyzing complex telecommunication expenditures of our clients (including data, voice, and mobile)
• Comparing bills against service orders and inventory to identify discrepancies
• Mapping spend to benchmark data in our Service Provider Intelligence Index (SPY Index) where applicable
• Identifying sources of comparison / benchmark data for custom services not mapped in the SPY Index, including ad hoc competitive quotes and third party databases
• Building a forecast for potential savings through renegotiation or re-sourcing based on benchmarks and analysis of discrepancies
• Creating documents to support negotiations, including request letters, assessments of vendor offers, and internal guidance documents for senior negotiators
• Creating documents to support procurement / sourcing efforts, including RFP / RFQ, vendor quote forms, vendor quote analysis
• Assessing and comparing vendor offers and services on a "like for like" basis
• Calculating impact of our services
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of carrier billing systems, telecommunications invoicing including wireless, technical designs / configurations, pricing methods, tariffs and contracts.
• Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance or equivalent work related experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in telecommunications industry including a broad knowledge of various telecom products, services, and technology
• Minimum 3 years in telecom carrier expense management and a proven track record of billing error recovery
• Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, and Power Point
• Proven proficiency with numbers, experience in analyzing large amounts of data, and an ability to consolidate and translate that data into business insight
• Excellent problem-solving skills with a proven track record of working independently, as well as within a team environment; Ability to overcome obstacles and prioritize/manage workload
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills for contact with customer, managers and carriers to obtain and interpret a variety of information
Initial engagement will be on a project basis for an hourly rate for 20-40 hours per week, with participation in project upside possible.
Hourly Rate between $5-$15 per hour