You have chosen to sponsor your bid up to a maximum amount of .
I would like to be able to import data from a spreadsheet and have that data represented as splines in 3DS Max with the color of the spline controlled from a value in the data. Much the same as the CFD flow lines in Autodesk's Simulation packages. (I have attached an example pic)
I have found a simple Max Script that can import however I would like more functionality as it simply creates a single spline only.
Time/frame, Name/ID, Group Name, X coordinate, Y coordinate, Z coordinate, Color Value
1) Compatible with 3DS Max Design 2012
2) Separate splines to be created for each string of X,Y,Z, coordinates based on an ID.
3) Each Spline to be named based on ID value from data.
4) Each segment of Spline to be colored based on the value in the data.
Additional features (but not essential for version 1)
5) Splines to be (growth) animated based on each set of coordinates (eg. key framed to each line of data)
6) Ability to set default Radial Thickness value for spline rendering.
This is just the first of many projects I will require to be done, so hoping to find someone that is fast, reliable and produces high quality work.
Additional Project Description:
12/04/2012 at 15:14 EST
Just to clarify, this project is to write/provide a script etc for me to be able to visualize data as splines. Not a single 3D modelling project of visualizing my data.
12/04/2012 at 20:27 EST
I have added a sample data file.
The color range values are to be represented as follows: