- Intermediate or Advanced experienced Unity3D developer/game makers.
- One-off small project with a possibility of more work in the future.
- I want to make a 2.5d side scroller shooting game.
- It'll most likely resemble Shadow Complex for the 360.
- You can get control inspiration from games like Contra or Metal Slug.
- Must use Playmaker wherever possible (for game logic, bullet ray-tracing, characters death).
- Must use Mecanim (blending tree animations).
- Must be able to run the project "out of the box" using Unity 4.1+.
- Must use Unity 4.1+ BASIC features, no extra plug-ins beside Playmaker.
1) a 2d side-scroller camera (a smooth motion script found online is cool).
2) an very blend 2d room with basic colliders set up. Some crates/boxes to test character movements.
3) a player controller with a basic mecanim supported HUMANOID rig with low poly count (can be anything, I'll most likely replace it).
4) the player character will solely be controlled with a 360 controller.
5) the player character has to support the following movements (walk, run, jump, crouch.)
6) the player character has to support these shooting mechanics/animation (aim a gun in all directions, while standing up and crouch).
7) the player character has to support these fighting mechanics/animation (punch or kick).
8) a weapon switch system with simple weapon models, minimum 2, but the system has to support any number of transitions.
9) a working gun fire with raytracing. Bullet needs to show impact on walls/floors/NPCs.
10) a working grenade throwing trajectory. Projectile needs to show impact on walls/floors/NPCs.
11) a NPC (no advanced AI required, just standing or walking, and ready to be shot and dies). Although it should be a pre-fab that I can just drop multiples in no problem.
- You will have 60 days.
- Progress working build every 2 weeks.
- You will need to commit work to a private GIT repository (I can show you how if needed).
Additional Project Description:
07/07/2013 at 23:46 EDT
This project is for a skeleton project, I'm not looking for a completed game. Just the basics to get it started.
+ No level needed, just a simple room.
+ No models needed, just a basic un-textured rig.