Creative design, copy, Office and admin
Has verified their email address.
Has completed their profile.
Has verified their secure phone number.
Location: London, New Zealand
Member since: October 2007
Jun 24, 2014
Great design work!!!!!Great design work!!!!!
Project Description:[This is a Private Project. You must be logged in to view the Project Description]
Jun 20, 2014
Michael responded quickly, communicated well, and clearly, and completed the project on time. I would highly recommend him.<br/>Michael responded quickly, communicated well, and clearly, and completed the project on time. I would highly recommend him.<br/>
Project Description:Hi Michael, I need someone to re-size a passport photo for me to fit strict guidelines from Canada immigration. I don't want to spend more than $20 on it, and I suspect it will only take someone who knows what they're doing a few minutes...
Mar 13, 2014
I've hired Michael a couple of times now and would do so in a heartbeat. He's versatile and very responsive as well as upfront about his skills and availability.I've hired Michael a couple of times now and would do so in a heartbeat. He's versatile and very responsive as well as upfront about his skills and availability.
Project Description:Eight photos need a background clipped out and the white outline (halo) removed from the portraits (so just magic wand + delete won't cut it).
Mar 10, 2014
I've used Michael before for a contest and he is professional and an amazing designer. I would have no hesitation in hiring him again; he is detail oriented, timely and efficient!I've used Michael before for a contest and he is professional and an amazing designer. I would have no hesitation in hiring him again; he is detail oriented, timely and efficient!
Project Description:(Please do not bid on this project unless you have been invited to do so) 1) The President's Message will be page 1 after the cover and will end up being 2 pages. There will be a full length photo needed...
Feb 24, 2014
Fantastic designer. I can't wait to work with him again. I have to say he initiated a lot of conversation, had pertinent questions and wanted feedback - something that was very appealing. He followed the instructions very well and understood a detailed brief. Thank you! Definitely want to hire this freelancer again when I need more layout.Fantastic designer. I can't wait to work with him again. I have to say he initiated a lot of conversation, had pertinent questions and wanted feedback - something that was very appealing. He followed the instructions very well and understood a detailed brief. Thank you! Definitely want to hire this freelancer again when I need more layout.
Contest Brief:Please read through the entire description and check out my feedback. I often award more than one winner, but once I find a few I like, I close down the contest. If you do more than one design that I like, yes, I will awarded it to you twice, one for each design. This is JUST LAYOUT - there will be no content, no editing - this is for a financial institution.
There are three sections - Document Details, Graphic Details and The Spreads - please read them all as they contain a lot of details on exactly what I need! Feel free to leave a message here with any questions about the details of the document or the graphics. I reply to almost every entry, so check back often.
Please look at the attached other examples of financial institution's reports. These do not reflect the layout I necessarily want, but will give you an idea about how others present theirs.
What I need - Document Details:
- This will be an InDesign document with no content, just layout. Page 1 will be 8x11 and then onwards will be facing 8x11 pages. This must be an InDesign document.
- The bleed will be: 0.0625 in constrained to all
- It will need page numbers at the bottom and a place for the name of the institutions at the bottom or the top or the sides (just one of those places)
- CYMK needs to be standard for all graphics and colors
- One or two sans serif and serif fonts (so a total of 2 - 4) must be used and included in the final package for the contest
- The two color schemes are added as files to this contest - you may use other colors in addition, but you must use one of these schemes.
- All styles must be loaded into the document and notes given about the styles.
- The color swatches must be loaded into the document
- The fonts must be included with the final contest documents
- The final InDesign document + fonts + any graphics + any notes must be included if the contest has been awarded to you
What I need - Graphic Details:
- The two color schemes are added as files to this contest - you may use other colors in addition, but you must use one of these schemes
- This will be a typography-heavy annual report - so it will include some graphics of people, but large blocks of color on the left side page are fine with picture/words. Words to use are things like: service, accessibility, responsiveness, support, vision, stewardship, partnership, stakeholder, integrity, stability, common good - synonyms can also be used. If you believe a picture would be useful as well, please just put a graphic box where you would like it or use a shutterstock image.
- The theme must reflect strength, success, boldness and prosperity
- This does NOT have to be super fancy, just a neat, clean and a good impression. Conservative styling would be better than anything super-modern.
What I need - The Spreads
- #1: 8x11 single first page - this will just be a letter from the president - must be able to include 1 photo of a person standing
- #2: 8x11 facing page spread - this will be an introduction to a bunch of graphs and charts about the company and how well it is progressing. This will be 2-3 pages of the same template (or if you have an idea about how to make a nice continuous spread, that would be wonderful) - please note that large graphs and blocks of text will need to be on these pages. There will need to be places for at least 2 photos of people standing.
- #3: 8x11 facing page spread - this will be an introduction to a financial institution's services and product line. There will need to be places for at least 2 photos of people standing.
- #4: 8x11 facing page spread - this will be a "looking forward" to what the financial institution would be doing in the future. There will need to be places for at least 2 photos of people standing.
- #5: 8x11 single last page - this will be an employee listing
EDIT Suggestions: For each template the left side page have color/typography (some pics), left side be with content (I would expand each section later)
michaeldresser has not completed any projects.
Oct 2003 - Dec 2013
o General office management and administration, including all promotional copy writing, and document preparation.<br />o Strategic planning and development with Chief Executive and other Managers<br />o Project and volunteer management<br />o Minuting of Trustee board meetings<br />o Financial processing, authorisation, and documentation<br />
Jan 2003 - Dec 2013
o Graphic design and layout for print of wide variety of publications, advertising, publicity, logos, branding; including copywriting. <br />o Website design and maintenance, including Wordpress CMS and HTML<br />o Clients cover a wide range of sectors from corporate (JP Morgan Cazenove), to Voluntary Sector (Mind), to individuals and small-scale companies.<br />
The University of Hull
Small Business Management Diploma
Secretarial and Office Packages Diploma