Design a Responsive Website Mockup for Tourism (Wire-frame Provided)
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $750
- Entries Received: 14
- Winner: tania06
Hello Freelancers (and Designers)!
Up For Grabs: $[url removed, login to view] USD Guaranteed for the Winner!
We're looking for the best mockup design set to pitch Malaysia's Ministry of Tourism. Long story short, we want to re-design this website: [url removed, login to view] (please take the time to research the website on layout, content, etc.)
We're looking for a more FUNCTIONAL design to pitch to the ministry while retaining certain features: Parallax scrolling, use of great imagery and simplicity.
Only this time, we'd like to incorporate features like: responsive design, simplified country map with featured hot spots on the front page, video reel running in the background on the top and most importantly, use of video streaming via carousel (which is expandable/collapsible). For more info, kindly refer the attached wire-frame concept.
The design we're looking for is something marketable, up to date, elegant and just looks great while having great functionality and responsiveness. For best results we'd prefer the design to follow the wire-frame provided, but please feel free to contribute your ideas and incorporate more creative concepts!
Submissions for design include 2 pages design mockups and 1 module/plugin view mockup:
1. Front Page
2. State Page (main page for a single state of Malaysia, can pick any)
3. Video Expand (this is not a page!): [Refer to 4th slide in PowerPoint] At the very top there's the logo, top menu and main header cum video reel looping in the background and directly underneath it should be the video carousel featuring selected footage from Malaysia. We don't want a video pop up! Instead when the video is clicked the entire row/carousel portion expands upwards and the actual video box and caption will appear.
4. Mobile Version View for each of the above (OPTIONAL)
Design must have:
1. Using imagery and text from Malaysia (culture, forest, wildlife, city, landscape, anything Malaysia)
2. Using logos that include 'Visit Malaysia 2014' and 'Malaysia Truly Asia'
3. Using Google Fonts (or easy-fonts accessible to all)
Submissions can be in:
1. Hi-Res Images (JPG or BMP, the Winner must provide us with the PSD files once declared)
2. *HTML/CSS (the Winner must provide us with the files once declared) *preferred format but not required
You may refer to tourism websites like Dominican Republic and France's...but we leave it entirely to you for creativity!
If you have any questions or would like to clarify, please feel free to PM me. Thank you, and GOOD LUCK!
“Five stars all the way. Not only did Imran's team manage to challenge the looks of the existing Malaysian tourism website (which was next to impossible); he made it responsive and functional on so many levels. For a demo 'concept' on HTML5, we got more than what we've expected. Congratulations Imran!”