Hawaii needs yoUI!
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $150
- Entries Received: 284
- Winner: dansegliode
Hawaii’s Emergency Management Agency recently caused thousands of families panic when it turned a regular drill into a Ballistic Missile warning. There was havoc around the whole state. The root of it all -- bad UI design.
Attached is an image of the emergency commands page.
Instead of clicking on “DRILL - PACOM (CDW) - STATE ONLY”, the handler clicked on “PACOM (CDW) - STATE ONLY”.
HAWAII NEEDS BETTER UI! MORE DETAILS BELOW.
[url removed, login to view]
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO
1. Design a user-friendly Emergency Commands page.
2. Make each emergency command distinguishable from the others.
3. Think outside the box!
1. All emergency commands must stay the same (BMD False Alarm, Amber Alert (CAE) - Kauai Country Only, etc.). No editing of its copy.
2. All entries must be new and original.
3. Submissions must be in .JPG format.
4. In the description field, tell us about your entry.
5. You are allowed to submit as many entries as you wish but you can only win once.
Main Winner: US$150
1st Runner-Up: US$100
2nd Runner-Up: US$50
GET SOME BUZZ FOR YOUR WORK
Upload your entry and the link to your contest entry on social media using the hashtag #HawaiiNeedsYoUI and tag us and we'll make sure to retweet all the best entries to our followers worldwide. (Facebook: @fansoffreelancer; Twitter: @freelancer; Instagram: @freelancerofficial)
You can also use the tag #Hawaii
Make sure you only upload your original work. By submitting your entry, you agree that Freelancer and its affiliates get an unlimited in time, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use your IP content at any stage during and after the Contest duration.
*commands image owned by Honolulu Civil Beat
Top entries from this contest
dansegliode United States
pickynihilist United States
ajmoo United Kingdom
BoldDesign United States