NASA Challenge: Design a Logo for NASA’s Gondola for High Altitude Planetary Science (GHAPS) Project
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $200
- Entries Received: 41
- Winner: Adrianm2d
“Visions and Voyages for Planetary Science in the Decade 2013 – 2022”, the current Planetary Science Decadal Survey, identifies key questions facing planetary science and outlining plans for space and ground based exploration ten years into the future. Recent studies have shown that progress can be made on over 20% of the key questions called out in the current Planetary Science Decadal Survey by a high-altitude balloon-borne observatory. Planetary science from stratospheric balloons is a new area of scientific planetary exploration recently made possible by technology advancements, such as high precision pointing control, and driven by the need for low cost missions to fit within budget profiles.
The Gondola for High Altitude Planetary Science (GHAPS) project is an effort to design, build and fly a balloon-borne platform as a new alternative and complementary asset to ground and spaced based observatories for planetary science missions. The platform will offer a robust and reusable, balloon-based observatory to achieve the greatest possible science return in a low-risk and cost-effective manner with a goal of providing repeated and rapid turnaround.
The goal of this challenge is to develop a project logo. The logo will used in multiple ways in the project. It will be part of the all presentation materials developed by the project as a logo at the in the top corner. It will be used as a logo on team items (shirts, mugs, etc.). It may also be used in materials developed for education and public outreach. Examples of NASA mission/project logos/patches, can be found in abundance on the internet.
• Both a color version and black/white version are required
• Source File Requirements: All original vector source files of the submitted design. Files should be created in Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape and saved as layered AI or EPS files. Note that PSDs saved as EPS files are not true vector / scalable files and will not be accepted.
• All fonts (and operating systems) must be listed in a text file within your Submission Zip file. Include the name of the font and a link to where it can be downloaded/purchased. DO NOT include any font files in your submission or source files.
• All text in the logo should be converted to outlines.
• Submission should also include 1024x1024 version of the logo in jpeg or png (on both a black background and a white background).
• The NASA insignia or other NASA logos cannot be used as any part of your submission.
• Please avoid gradients or other special effects as they are difficult to reproduce across all media.
Stock Photography Requirements
• Stock photography is not allowed in this contest. All submitted elements must be designed solely by you.
• Requirements: Does your logo meet the requirements as stated within the challenge?
• Quality: Does your logo look fresh, professional, and clean
• Concept: Does your logo capture the GHAPS Project
Please note that NASA employees are note eligible for competing in this contest.
“Adrianm2d did a great job of creating a logo for use with our NASA Gondola for High Altitude Planetary Science (GHAPS) project. This was a contest and this design was selected from 61 entries.””
nasacoeci, United States.
Top entries from this contest
Pete222 United States
Ben Graphics Sri Lanka
alexandraco United States