Science Fiction Idea for Chapter
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $100
- Entries Received: 13
- Winner: Faith5656
This contest is intended to help me to write one chapter (or scene) of my science fiction story. I need your help to come up with the idea of how this chapter should go. Details below.
If you have a great idea, I hope you will submit it to this contest.
Each contest entry should contain these two (2) items:
1. A synopsis of your idea for the chapter.
2. A sample paragraph or excerpt of the chapter you propose.
I will judge your idea as well as I can. If you win, I get to use your idea in my chapter, and your paragraph (maybe even word for word). You get the money.
I am writing a science fiction story that I expect to self-publish. The story takes place on another planet (Sonik) where humans have a small outpost. The two species of native people there are the “fairies” and the “tarlocks”.
There is one chapter that I have some trouble coming up with an idea for. This chapter is where Robert Vasquez (the protagonist and only human), Copper-san, Ink-san, and Hunger-tar (and the coach driver and guards) take a journey on a stage coach pulled by beasts through a treacherous wilderness.
Goals that I have for this chapter are:
• Impress on the reader how treacherous this forest is.
• Introduce one or more strange types of wild animal(s) there. (Maybe you would invent them as part of your proposal.)
• Give the travel group some difficulties or challenges during the trip.
• Have the group encounter native bandits (either in passing or as a confrontation).
• Coordinate the story with the adjacent (before and after) chapters.
• Add some value to the book (not make the book worse).
If you have a great idea that would require adjustment to the adjacent chapters, I would likely cooperate with that.
See the attached files.
◆ The chapter before the journey (draft quality) (before the chapter you propose)
◆ The chapter after the journey (draft quality). (after the chapter you propose)
◆ A description of the characters with illustrations.
◆ Find more information about the story in the three links below.
I can also answer your questions if needed.
“Faith won my contest with excellent ideas and attention to detail. She was pleasant to work with.”
jimmgrogan, United States.
Public Clarification Board
How to get started with contests
Post Your Contest Quick and easy
Get Tons of Entries From around the world
Award the best entry Download the files - Easy!