Science Fiction Idea for Chapter
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $100
- Entries Received: 13
- Winner: Faith5656
This contest is intended to help me to write one chapter (or scene) of my science fiction story. I need your help to come up with the idea of how this chapter should go. Details below.
If you have a great idea, I hope you will submit it to this contest.
Each contest entry should contain these two (2) items:
1. A synopsis of your idea for the chapter.
2. A sample paragraph or excerpt of the chapter you propose.
I will judge your idea as well as I can. If you win, I get to use your idea in my chapter, and your paragraph (maybe even word for word). You get the money.
I am writing a science fiction story that I expect to self-publish. The story takes place on another planet (Sonik) where humans have a small outpost. The two species of native people there are the “fairies” and the “tarlocks”.
There is one chapter that I have some trouble coming up with an idea for. This chapter is where Robert Vasquez (the protagonist and only human), Copper-san, Ink-san, and Hunger-tar (and the coach driver and guards) take a journey on a stage coach pulled by beasts through a treacherous wilderness.
Goals that I have for this chapter are:
• Impress on the reader how treacherous this forest is.
• Introduce one or more strange types of wild animal(s) there. (Maybe you would invent them as part of your proposal.)
• Give the travel group some difficulties or challenges during the trip.
• Have the group encounter native bandits (either in passing or as a confrontation).
• Coordinate the story with the adjacent (before and after) chapters.
• Add some value to the book (not make the book worse).
If you have a great idea that would require adjustment to the adjacent chapters, I would likely cooperate with that.
See the attached files.
◆ The chapter before the journey (draft quality) (before the chapter you propose)
◆ The chapter after the journey (draft quality). (after the chapter you propose)
◆ A description of the characters with illustrations.
◆ Find more information about the story in the three links below.
I can also answer your questions if needed.
“Faith won my contest with excellent ideas and attention to detail. She was pleasant to work with.”
jimmgrogan, United States.