Tutorial: Host a small business website on IBM Cloud
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $5000
- Entries Received: 43
- Winner: adarshkjames
This contest is to host a small business website on IBM Cloud and write an engaging blog or tutorial about the experience.
(1) Entry must using at least two IBM Cloud services (e.g. COS + Functions - https://ibm.biz/Solution-tutorials or Kub + Helm Chart for CMS + Postgresql)
Note: Additional consideration will be given to submissions that incorporate open source projects into the final application and blog.
(2) A link to a public blog (must be searchable via Google) about the experience must be provided. This blog can take many forms: for example it can be written as a tutorial, or notes on the experience or review/commentary on IBM Cloud.
(3) The type of small business website isn't critical - you can reuse materials from an existing project or sample site. The website DOES NOT have to be an IBM site, it can be any website. Explicit, illicit, or offensive material will not be considered.
The most well-written, entertaining, and useful blog post will win the grand prize of $5k, 10 runners up will get $1k.
Only entries with a link to a public blog or tutorial and evidence of a deployed site on IBM Cloud will be considered.
Sign up for a free IBM Cloud account:
Here are some services that might be of interest for this contest:
- Kubernetes (for hosting web servers, content management systems, and applications) https://cloud.ibm.com/kubernetes/catalog/create?cm_sp=freelancer-_-webcontest-_-cta
- Cloud Object Storage (for hosting static web sites, storing data, backups) https://cloud.ibm.com/objectstorage/create?cm_sp=freelancer-_-webcontest-_-cta
- Functions (for serverless code) https://cloud.ibm.com/functions/?cm_sp=freelancer-_-webcontest-_-cta
- Cloudant (NoSQL DB) https://cloud.ibm.com/catalog/services/cloudant?cm_sp=freelancer-_-webcontest-_-cta
- PostgreSQL (for storing data w/ SQL access) https://cloud.ibm.com/catalog/services/databases-for-postgresql?cm_sp=freelancer-_-webcontest-_-cta
We're looking forward to seeing your creativity!
Top entries from this contest
TrexDigital South Africa
NYCyber United States
Imara Software Solutions Sri Lanka