Building a covered terrace with room for office & bathroom + laundry & storage area
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $150
- Entries Received: 13
- Winner: ridwan091200
We just bought a new house and would like to improve it. We would like to build a big terrace facing the pool with a bungalow including an office/guest room and shower/toilets. You will find below some idea we have for:
- Modern and with a flat roof.
- 3.3m wide + 3.5m ceiling
- Narrow horizontal window on the top of the wall to bring some light (x2 would be nice I think). See this example: https://www.rylock.com.au/assets/uploads/2018/05/BALC40_HSL_01.jpg?x50604
- 2 ceiling fans
- Floor covered with tiles
- Inox railing cable similar to this: https://s.yimg.com/aah/yhst-47913670625546/aluminum-cable-railing-system-29.jpg
- One eating area to put a 6/8 personnes table with chairs
- One barbeque area
- One chilling area (small sofa/seat/table) this style: https://bit.ly/3BOTX8I
- Keep a strip of grass between the terrace and the pool.
- Backside wall of the terrace needs to be 50cm from the neighbor wall (local regulation)
I send you 2 example of terrace here:
- https://www.houzz.fr/photos/modern-design-and-outdoor-livingr-phvw-vp~131685632?share=clipboard (it should be at a smaller scale of course)
We will let you propose some idea for the stairs, however the goal is to try to keep the strip of grass as wide as possible.
- Should be big enough to be able to open a 1.6m sofa bed and walk around + have a desk (1.4 x0.9) with chair and ideally a small cabinet.
- Access to the toilets/bathroom should be available both from inside the bungalow and from the terrace
- Window facing the garden/pool
- Floor covered with tiles
- For the meantime we would like to see if we can avoid to move the pump room on the other side of the pool.
In addition to the above we would like to do the following changes/additions:
- Change the master bedroom windows with sliding doors (3m high) to access the extended terrace.
- Change the dining room/living room windows (x2) by 3m high ones
- Build a laundry room on the side of the house
- Build a big storage connected to the laundry room
- Add a backyard privacy screen above the walls (1m high). See this example: https://www.thaigardendesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/privacy-garden-screens-thailand-1.jpg
We are open to any other idea of improvements which could either looks good or could facilitate our future life there ;-)
A 2D plan to be created based on the pictures/existing plan + a 3D rendering (including source files for both) for the following:
- The new terrace + terrace extension with new house facade (replacement of windows) & privacy screens.
- The bungalow with office/guest room and bathroom/toilets
- The laundry area & storage area
Feel free to ask any clarification required.
“Syed was very helpful during the whole project and communication was excellent (and fast !!!). He provided a lot of valuable advices and I will hire him again soon. ”