Design a Flyer
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $150
- Entries Received: 8
- Winner: analyncochon
UPDATE: I have included an attachment that shows sample illustrations of African American women. Please do not copy these illustrations but use them as a guide to what I'm looking for in this design. The instructions for the design are included below. Thank you!!
We need a flyer to advertise our 4-month workshop series. We would like a front and back design. Please see the attachment for event details.
FRONT: The front design should be an illustration of diverse women and girls working together on various DIY (do-it-yourself projects). The types of projects they're working on should correspond to the 4 workshops in the series (see attachment). In the illustration the women and girls should be having fun, talking to each other while doing things like making jewelry, decorating cupcakes, scrapbooking, etc. The women and girls should represent various ethnicities and ages, with black and brown women and girls making up the majority of the group. The only words on the front cover should be "Join us in creating HerStory!" Please see attached for a schedule and description of the different workshops.
BACK: The back of the event should include be a creative text design that includes all the information in the attachment, including:
1. Names of the four workshops and the story topic and DIY activity of each (see attachment)
2. Dates of the four workshops (see attachment)
3. The title of the series, "HerStory Workshop Series"
4. The start time: noon
5. A space for the location (You can put TBD for now)
6. The words, "Sponsored by: Newark G.A.L.S., Inc. and Butterfly Dreamz, Inc."
7. The words, "Every 4th Saturday at noon, women and girls gather to share and discuss stories while creating fun DIY projects!" (see attachment)
Design size and page layout: We will be creating half-page flyers with this design (8.52" x 5.47") and would like the design to be landscape.
“The design captured our vision for the flyer perfectly!! Thank you so much! :-)”
joylindsay09, United States.