Design garage and shed into living space
- Status: Pending
- Prize: €200
- Entries Received: 46
I want to convert my garage and shed into modern living spaces. I would like to receive a detailed floor plan to work out what goes where and a 3D EXTERIOR AND INTERIOR design render (with façade, furniture, lighting, floor coverings, wallpaper, design objects, etc.) for the proposal. Extra points for good lighting elements.
1. For the garage (the smaller of the two buildings): make a small, modern studio. Respect the dimensions of the existing space. The exterior needs to remain the same, minor visual changes are acceptable without any structural changes.
- Queen bed or a sofa bed/pullout bed
- Small bathroom with standing shower, sink, and toilet.
- Small kitchenette (just two hot plates, sink, small fridge).
2. For the shed (the larger of the two buildings): here I am more open to suggestions for use of the space. Respect the overall dimensions of the existing space but other than that you are free to put windows/walls/doors as you choose. The current building will be fully demolished so we are starting from scratch. Maximum building height is 3.5 meters. The building is in the garden. The idea is to use this space in the winter/summer for entertaining.
- Interior and exterior design expected for the shed (see shed inspiration photos)
- Kitchen area (fridge, stove, sink)
- A cozy sitting area to relax and entertain guests
- Anything else you think would make the space usable/unique
3. Connect the two spaces with an ENCLOSED passage way. Looking for something creative like a greenhouse or a glass walkway. Open to other ideas.
4. Include a washer/dryer laundry in one of the two spaces
5. Foresee where to put radiators on walls in both buildings (central heating system in place)
6. Outside barbeque/pizza oven area (covered and connected to the shed building). This would be in addition to the dimensions already provided and should come at the very end (first garage, then shed, and last BBQ area).