Designing a ride-on cart
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $250
- Entries Received: 32
- Winner: faisolfuady
My company specialises in indoor motorised solutions that help to move people and supplies across big compounds/campuses. We would like to launch a new ride-on product and is seeking design/s to this product.
This product will be targeted to help cleaners/porters/chambermaids etc - folks who currently have to push heavy trolleys as part of their work. So instead of them walking and pushing, the ride-on will allow them to stand on it and drive around with their supplies.
Bearing in mind the ride-on cart would be manufactured using some kind of metal, key features of the design should include:
1) Dimension limitation, no more than: 1300mm in length, 650mm in width, 1200mm in height
2) Wheels x 4pcs
3) Storage compartments of varying sizes. Items likely to be kept onboard are small and medium sized items of anywhere between 40cm to more than 1.1m.
4) Driver area (including space for one driver and the joystick steering system; this area can be situated in front or behind depending on the proposed design; this area should be drawn in at a lower platform compared to the storage area for driver accessibility)
5) Sleek/chic design. Most of our clients are key players in the tourism industry so the product design must be modern (futuristic if possible) and attractive to complement their interior design. Think SOHO, Philip Starck, Star Wars. We have NO PREFERENCE for shapes/profile, but please bear in mind of possible limitations when the cart is built in metal.
6) Design should incorporate some kind of colour contrast for aesthetic effect.
Please refer to below link for a similar product - this is to help the designer better understand the purpose behind this product. Please note that the design/s seen in the link are protected and should not be copied in full or in parts for this project. The link is merely for reference only.
[login to view URL]
Submitted design should be provided in both 2D and 3D and from different angles for our better understanding. Submitted design should be in colour.
We look forward to working with you!
“Faisol is communicative and shows great professionalism. He also has great design skills. Will be keen to hire him directly for future product designs.”