Develop an Optimization Program in Python
- Status: Closed
- Prize: $100
- Entries Received: 2
- Winner: cugamelover
Develop a simple program (probably in R or Python) to find the top ~1000 routes through an Excel data set.
View the attached diagram: A route is one cell from each columns (D thru W). The value of the route is calculated by taking the product of all the numbers in the route. (I.e., .535 x .791 x .901 x .644...). The optimal routes are those with the HIGHEST values. A route cannot use a cell from the same row more than once.
A sample of dummy data is attached as well. The program must work with other data sets in a similar format.
1) The columns that are used need to be able to be adjusted. I.e., if user wants to find optimal route through Columns D through N, or H through J, or D through W, this must be possible.
2) Certain rows must be able to be eliminated from consideration. I.e., the user can find the optimal routes from D through W, that does NOT use rows 5, 6, and 9.
3) Running the program should take on the order of seconds, not minutes.
4) A simple GUI would be great, but Command line is fine too.
5) Output should be in csv/excel and should have each route as its own row. The row would start with the value of the route (i.e., 0.00914) and the then list the cells that used in that route.
“Excellent speed and accuracy. Could not ask for more from a freelancer!”
dmmx3, United States.